Welcome to The B Word, the show that unravels the intricacies of B2B branding. Our monthly episodes feature guests from diverse realms, including technology, venture capital, private equity, and more. Together, we delve into the essence of branding, its mechanics, and its profound significance in the contemporary business landscape.
Episode 7: In the dynamic world of technology and marketing, the role of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) has seen a remarkable transformation over the past decade. Join us as Leah Anathan, the visionary CMO of Mews—an innovative hospitality management cloud, takes centre stage in our latest episode of The B Word. Explore how the marketing function has ascended to the top table, becoming increasingly quantifiable, measurable, and significantly revenue-driven.
B2B marketing: The complexity and multidisciplinary nature of B2B marketing in the current landscape, encompassing various skill sets and strategies, and the importance of building a diverse and specialised marketing team to meet the demands of the industry.
- The diverse skill sets required in modern B2B marketing.
- The challenge of creating a team with expertise in various marketing areas.
- The importance of digital and physical events in marketing strategies.
- The balance between automated and human-centric marketing efforts.
- The value of creative and branding in marketing.
Rebranding: The importance of rebranding and repositioning a company, especially when transitioning from a start-up to a scale-up or when preparing for growth and scalability.
- The critical need for rebranding when a company reaches a stage where it's ready to scale.
- The challenges of maintaining a consistent and clear company message when expanding and reaching a broader audience.
- The role of product positioning and branding in the scaling process.
Category creation: The significance of category creation in rebranding and repositioning a company, specifically in industries where existing category names are outdated or do not accurately reflect the company's mission and offerings.
- The importance of tackling a problem in an industry where current solutions are outdated and not fit for the future.
- The challenge of having an unfavourable category name that does not align with the core of the company's mission.
- The example of the hospitality industry, where the category name "property management system" fails to capture the essence of the guest experience and the transformative cloud technologies.
- The constraint of being anchored by an old and inadequate category name.
AI: The evolving role of automation and AI in B2B marketing and its impact on the balance between automation and human interaction.
- Maintaining the importance of human experience, especially in industries centred on customer experience.
- The rise of AI and machine learning in marketing presents efficiency but also raises the importance of human connection and real experiences.
- The battle between efficient automation and the need for human interactions will be a significant challenge in marketing and branding.
- While automation can be valuable, it's crucial to ensure a human touch in interactions, as every person engaging with a brand is a human seeking a meaningful experience.
Also available on:
Published by: Fara Darvill in News